Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting Our House Ready

For a healthy couple, getting a house ready to sell is a lot of work. It involves a lot of lifting, fixing, cleaning and going through stuff to toss out.

For a chronically ill couple, getting a house ready to sell is nearly impossible. We wake up feeling tired, nauseous, weak and plain terrible and we didn't even do anything the day before.

There are things that I should have done about 5 years ago, but my poor health has kept me from doing it. I never painted the hallway or the landing at the top of the stairs. Then there's the trim my lovely Vegas has taken his claws to that needs completely repaired. Then the overgrown shrubs, trees and weeds outside. I can't even begin to think about how that is going to get done.

These are things most normal couples take for granted. They can just go outside and do a nice day of hardwork, feel a little tired, come in, make dinner and feel happy about their accomplishment. My husband and I on the other hand, we take 2 steps outside and immediately give up. He feels dizzy, weak and my heart rate is 170. For years there was no way for us to even cut our grass so we had to hire a company to do it for us. Now with money in the negative, this has to come to an end.

We have to move, but how do you move when you feel too sick to move? Catch 22.

No comments: