Saturday, August 7, 2010

My "Go-to" for Ovarian, Uterine Pain

I'm not sure I ever documented this before on my blog. I think these health problems were LONG before I ever started blogging and it was so long ago that I just never really thought about it. I really have come a long way in my health journey.

This isn't the first time I've had uterine pain. I also have it about 5-6 years ago. Right around this time is when my trust in doctors started to rapidly fade away. I was having A LOT of uterine pain during intercourse and it was really causing me a lot of emotional distress. I sucked it up and finally decided to see a doctor about it. It's sort of an embarrassing problem to have, so I didn't want to tell anyone about it especially at age 20-21!

I went to see this gynecologist who was supposed to be "one of the best" in the area and after examining me, he decided that there was indeed something wrong and he wanted to do exploratory surgery to see if he could find anything. He wanted my permission to remove any endometriosis he saw during the surgery. Well I told him I would have to think about it. I don't take surgery of any type lightly. He also suggested, if I didn't want to do that, then I could be placed into early menopause at the lovely age of 21!! WOW I told him that wasn't even an option!! I knew nothing back then about the medical system and was completely dumbfounded that a doctor would even suggest this for someone my age who was newly married last year... I opted for the ultrasound which ultimately showed nothing, but I knew I wasn't crazy.

This is really when my search for alternative treatments started. The lack of answers from this doctor sent me down the "rabbit hole" as they say. After looking up the symptoms of uterine fibroids, I decided this was probably what was wrong. My husband found a supplement that was supposed to dissolve fibroid tumors and we ordered it. I figured I had nothing to lose right?

Within the first few days of taking it, I noticed pain in some of my joints and in areas where I suffered injuries years prior. When I was ~10 years old, I stepped on a toothpick which went straight into the heel of my foot. That exact foot and heel was hurting terrible while taking these supplements! I could not walk on it at all for an entire week. I thought it was really weird and didn't put 2 and 2 together until a few days went by. It turns out this supplement eats away fibrin from current or past injuries. I knew that it must be working, so I continued taking it.

Things started to get better. The uterine pain was lessening and lessening and lessening. Then after some time I realized I just wasn't having the pain any more at all!..This didn't happen overnight, but it also didn't take like 3 years either. I believe I finished off two 450 capsule bottles and then decided to stop taking them to see what would happen. Well nothing bad happened. The pain was gone and stayed away for a long time.

Well since the pain appears to be bad again, I figured I better get back on the supplement to see what happens. Thankfully we had an old bottle in the refrigerator! I took 5 pills right before bed and woke up with some wrist pain. I thought to myself, wow this is really odd. What the heck did I do to myself while I was sleeping? At first I thought I had slept on it weird. I took my next dose that morning, once again not thinking about the supplement. We were out at the store when it just hit me like a ton of bricks. OMG it's the pills making my wrist hurt!

Once again, just like the last time, the Vitalzym is making my joints hurt for some reason. It's obviously dissolving fibrin or some type of scar tissue. Not only is wrist hurting really really bad--I have it wrapped up in a bandage--but my left ankle bone started to hurt tonight too. haha You have no idea how incredibly painful writing this post has been and it makes me wonder if it's healing damage I've done from working on the computer all of these years.

I guess there's a new reformulated Vitalzym that's supposed to be even more potent. I still have the old stuff. If I can find the funds to buy the new stuff once this bottle runs out, I'll let you know how it works. I guess you don't have to take as many pills to get the same strength which is great. Right now I'm taking 15 pills a day, which can be hard to get down. If you are interested in Vitalzym just do a google search. Lots of online stores sell it, but I recommend doing some price checking! Some websites are WAY cheaper than others.

I'm curious to see how this works and I'll keep updating.

No comments: