Saturday, May 14, 2011

Off the Prednisone

Well I am off the prednisone and back on my regular dose of hydrocortisone. I am soo glad. I think I am finally back at my baseline as far as symptoms go. It took a couple days to make sure I was getting enough HC in me from the transition. I tapered much quicker than originally intended because I knew I would just go back to my normal HC dose. It wasn't like I wasn't on steroids in the first place. My adrenals are already suppressed, so the risk of further suppression is not there.

 I took 60mg for 3 days, then 40mg for 2 days, then 20 for 1 day, 10mg for 1 day, 5mg pred + HC for 1 day, then my HC as normal without any pred. On the day where I took 5mg of pred, I felt a little off for sure.

Honestly that is really it for now. My hives are better and I'm just waiting to get some more $ to get a refill on the DMPS.

No comments: