Saturday, July 2, 2011

Round 6: DMPS Begins

I started ~9mg of DMPS yesterday afternoon. So far no hives at all and I am doing great. I have no idea how long I'm going on this round and will just play it by ear. I have enough pills made up for 7 days, but I don't believe I will do that. There were some warning signs of hives beginning to form at the end of day 6 last time, so I think maybe 5-6 days is where I'm aiming.

One thing I've noticed while taking any type of chelator is that it tends to make my bladder hurt. It feels like a UTI or bladder infection, but there is nothing there. At least nothing that my strips can catch. I used to have this many many moons ago. I think before I even started my blog and to this day I don't even know what stopped it from happening. It may have been Vitalzym? The one time I did have an infection, so I will have to keep an eye on that and go get tested if it gets bad.

I am trying to drink enough water to make myself pee at least every 2-3 hours to flush everything out. In the summer there are times where I don't pee much, but I'm going to make myself keep drinking until I do.

Oh I am also taking 1 pill of EDTA (calcium form) in the AM this round to see if that helps or makes anything worse. Our bathtub is testing for lead AGAIN, so that's fun.

No comments: