Sunday, August 7, 2011

Round 7: DMPS Ends! Also Another Rant

This round was a little more interesting than the others. I added in 1000mg of EDTA once in the morning. I did feel a little blah at times, but no hives so I am happy right now. I went a full 6 days and quit half way through today to give my body some rest. My minerals were definitely low a few days ago so I upped my normal doses of minerals. This made the cramping in my feet go away, but I will continue on this higher dose for a while.

We will see what happens in the next few days. Will the hives make an appearance this time around? That is the million dollar question...


I know I haven't been posting much lately. I haven't even been returning emails for the most part. I have blogging and forum burnout. I am sick of the insanity that occurs on health forums. I am sick of talking about being sick and just want to let some of this go. I'm ready to just completely stop going to all forums as I realize they make me angry at times. Other times I am saddened because I see the same names, still sick. Yet I get mad because I see these very same people giving advice on the very things that are NOT helping them. Are you %&#^@ kidding me?

On this blog, I do not lie to you and tell you what you want to hear. In fact I probably tell you a lot of things that disappointment you. Well the truth is the truth and I do not sugar coat things. If you want that, then I'm sure I could dig up a few forums and blogs you could read instead of mine. I am here to actually get better and to hopefully get people to start looking into their own health problems.

What I always tell people is to research yourself. I am not responsible for you. You are. Google has made researching so easy these days. You simply click on the more tab at the very top and choose Scholar. That will specifically bring up medical journals, studies and cases.

The one thing I am absolutely sick of doing is having to defend myself and my actions, thoughts etc. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, then don't ask for them. If you think what I'm doing is stupid, then great, I hope you can figure out what is wrong with you and recover fully. It seems like some people have gotten the wrong impression from me. They think I am out for revenge, when that is far from the truth.

I wrote this in an email to someone I know...This is how I feel when I try to talk to people about their health issues:
When a mother grabs a child's arm as they start to walk out in the middle of the street with traffic, is she being mean and abusive? Absolutely not! The mother was in fact protecting their child from getting hit by a car. The means at that moment were necessary or her child could have been seriously injured. That's sort of how I feel on a daily basis. I'm watching people walk out in front of traffic and I'm telling them to stop and look both ways, but they just yell at me for warning them. "There's no traffic on this road you stupid Birdlady". "Oh your husband got hit here last week? Well you must have crossed at a strange time because I've never seen cars here before". Meanwhile cars are beeping their horns at them and are nearly hitting them...
I hope that in a few years, this blog will be shut down and my recovery story will be on the front page. When I'm cured, I will be done with all of this and will likely never visit another health forum or website ever again. Birdlady has been my sick name for years and I will lay it to rest when I am healthy.

No comments: