Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stopping Beta 1,3D Glucan

I have never had a supplement effect me so much before. Beta 1,3D Glucan is supposed to boost the immune system. I am always a little leery of things that do this, but wanted to give it a try.

Beta 1,3D Glucan is supposed to do the following:
Beta-1,3D Glucan works by activating immune cells known as macrophages, neutrophils and natural killer (NK) cells. These are your immune system’s first line of innate defense. They are responsible for finding, identifying, and consuming foreign substances in the body.  Macrophages also control the activities of other important cells in the immune system.

To maximize the benefits of Beta Glucan, you should always take it on an empty stomach. Wait at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything. A small amount of pure water should be used to swallow the capsule. (No coffee, tea, juice, etc.).
The amount of anxiety and revving of my system was horrific. I actually had to take a beta blocker yesterday and I'm done with this supplement now. I think I took it for about a 8 or 9 days. Whatever arm of my immune system it boosted, directly impacts my POTS and anxiety, hyper feelings. It really makes me think my POTS is autoimmune in origin.

 All of the websites about this stuff, say it cannot overstimulate the immune system or cause issues. WRONG. Why is it that my husband and I always somehow experience "what can never happen" when we take drugs, supplements and vitamins?

This website states: "Our Beta 1, 3-D Glucan is clinically proven to increase the key part of the immune system that affects anxiety and the ability to go into a deep restful sleep."

Yeah it made me a raving lunatic and could not sleep the whole night through at all. I had so much nervous energy, I wanted to scream and jump off of a bridge just for shits and giggles. I made up tasks for myself so I wouldn't freak out. I think this is what a manic episode must feel like.

I took the "best" stuff out there so it wasn't about a bad batch or contaminates or anything like that. Whatever part of the immune system that crap turns on, is exactly the immune arm that is attacking my body on a daily basis to give me POTS.

No comments: