Monday, June 24, 2013

Welcoming the Sick into the Church

I saw this article today about fibromyalgia where it is now being admitted it is NOT all in your head. The medical community is just figuring this out decades later...

"Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., **is not imaginary after all**, as some doctors have believed."
This article underlines why the church has to become THE place where sick can go to for healing, comfort and love. We can't be judging them or disqualifying them for taking a disability check or telling them they don't have enough faith. The rest of the world already does a good job at demeaning the sick, so when they come to the church they don't have any patience for it anymore. They will quickly leave if they feel attacked! I have a soft heart for the sick probably because I've been sick practically my whole life to some degree and I know what they feel and I know what they go through. They did not choose to be sick. They did not think their sickness into existence. They were attacked without permission by the enemy and we need to treat them with LOVE, respect, dignity like Jesus did. Amen!

I don't think the church realizes how much the sick are abused on a daily basis. They are told that they are crazy, lazy for not working, a hypochondriac, "hyper vigilant", just stressed, having anxiety or really not sick at all... In reality they are actually sick, but the medical community has no cures or solutions for them, so they are labeled in these derogatory ways. Here's where it gets messed up, normal healthy people think the doctors labels are accurate, so they then treat the sick poorly too. Many who have not been sick in their lives, simply do not understand how messed up the medical system can be!

The sick are looking anywhere for some help! We as believers can step in and be that help! We are letting the new age, energy counterfeit medicines like acupuncture, mind medicine, energy crystals, energy tapping, chakras, yoga and many other treatments to take over where Jesus reigns above all of those ways. Sick people need to know the amazing story of what Jesus did! No expensive treatments required! lol Jesus is the most powerful and most high healer on earth and he paid the price for our healing. :)

The sick need real help, not just a "feel better about your sickness" pep talk. If they want that, they can go to Barnes and Noble and get that in the new age, self help section. Christianity is supposed to be different and I actually think we are bringing down our message with searching for root causes and making it about the person in front of us. It's always been about Jesus and his amazing, willingful sacrifice for us. He knew exactly what he was doing and he died before we were even born, so we could be saved, healed, delivered and set free. That's a pretty sweet deal!

With all of the stuff that has happened to me in my life, I don't want to focus on myself.  Every time I do that, the enemy sweeps in and tries to get me to stay in shame and condemnation. I'd much rather talk about Jesus, what he did and what he thinks of me! I get rather defensive when people want to talk about my past abuses. Instead of trying to tackle issues as if we were psychologists, we need to trust Holy Spirit to guide us and to heal those who have a hurting past.

I want the sick to have a safe haven with the church. We need to tell the sick they are loved by Jesus. We need to tell them that God did not do this to them. We need to tell them what God thinks of sickness! Many are in bondage over this issue because they think God made them sick for some higher purpose to suffer for him... We need to tell them the parasitic nature of sickness from Satan himself. He is the enemy of God, so he looks for anyone to devour and he attaches sickness to people without permission from God.

We have to stop being afraid to admit that some people are more anointed in healing and miracles than others. We don't seem to have this fear when it comes to other spiritual gifts. There are plenty of prophets, evangelists, singers, teachers and seers who willing place that title on themselves, but when it comes to healing, the church is simply terrified to embrace this. [I suspect this is because of the abuses that occurred from some of these "healers" in the past few decades]. Instead of running from power though, we need to embrace the power given to us by Holy Spirit whether that is prophecy, healing, discerning of spirits, speaking in tongues etc. We are given these gifts by the grace of God to use so that we can build up the church and ultimately bring in the lost, sick and hurting. We believers of Christ give them real hope. We believers of Christ give them real life, real family and a real means of being free from the past and being free from sickness. We need to continue to give them the real Jesus!

Maybe what I'm saying is really bold, but this is really what was on my heart today for some reason. This might be a bit preachy and I'm sorry for that. I say all of this out of love and I want the church to be walking in such power that the world can't turn away and ignore us anymore! I feel like those days are coming.

As I was writing this today, I saw John Mellor post a testimony of a woman being healed of fibromyalgia and several other ailments... SO powerful! Thank you John for devoting your life to Christ and for your dedication to praying for the sick. You have been so instrumental in my healing journey! When I was getting beat up by some teachings, I just kept looking to John for encouragement each day. If any of you are not following him on Facebook, I highly recommend you do. Every day you will get wonderful healing testimonies and be encouraged!  :)


Video of her getting prayer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrnMYAS_log
Video of testimony afterwards- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvBhHUu0s4

I was teary eyed as I watched this and as she hugged her husband. I lost it! haha!!. The joy in her eyes after prayer is amazing. Thank you JESUS! AMEN!!!

And I write all of these posts as I am suffering with my own sicknesses. I am losing more vision. I woke up on Friday morning and had a large gray swath of vision, just gone. I prayed against it for a while and about 2 hours later it improved! There is a new blind spot in that eye and it can be scary to lose vision suddenly, but I have been hopeful despite all of the bad that's going on right now in my life. My financial struggles and health problems are not lord. Jesus is Lord and he will heal me and deliver me from all of this. I know it.

Everyone feel free to email me and comment. I love all of your emails. It's just awesome to hear from you all. :)

No comments: