Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend! Odds and Ends

Well I am still doing really well from the dental work. There doesn't seem to be any relapse in symptoms! YAY! I did end up getting a canker sore from the dental work, but that always happens to me. Whenever I bump my gums even slightly, it ALWAYS causes a canker sore to form. There's no good way to get rid of them except alum and I try not to use it too often since it is aluminum. I certainly don't need to be putting any more heavy metals in my body.

Our back deck needed stained for soo long. We figured today was as good as any other and the weather has been incredible here. The 5 day forecast is predicting no rain with full sun. It's truly unbelievable here, so we are taking advantage of it! Our deck was starting to look really bad and we plan on selling our house ASAP to leave this area and start over again. I think it is great timing because I feel that's exactly what I am doing with my health. Since I was 17 years old, I've been in this rut where I knew I was getting really sick, but I didn't know why. Every year seemed to get worse and worse until I just couldn't take it anymore. Now with my amalgams almost completely out of my body--only 3 more to go--, I can leave all that baggage behind and move on to better things.

I am writing this as I take a break from staining the deck. This summer I didn't manage to get a tan at all. I'm not sure why, but I am so pale. Well that bright, hot sun on my back quickly went from a nice tan to pinkish hues. I knew it was time to come in. I'll probably have to wait to go back out until the sun is lower in the sky.

The last thing I wanted to talk about was my blood pressure. If you follow along with the blog you know my blood pressure is very low. I never knew how to raise it, but I think I finally found something that works. Licorice Root! This stuff is absolutely amazing. I have been taking 3 capsules a day and it has raised my blood pressure about 10 points. For me it has made a world of difference in day-to-day tasks. So if you have low blood pressure try some licorice root. I hear the tea is really good, so I'm gonna try to fine some. It is a mild laxative from what I have read, but it hasn't affected me in that way. haha

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I got here via a google search for "adrenal fatigue" and am intrigued by the connection between mercury poisoning symptoms and AF. Hmmm... I need to look more into this -- I have several mercury amalgams courtesy of growing up during the 70s and am displaying many symptoms of AF. So far, the best info on AF I've found has been at women to women: http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/effectsofhighcortisol.aspx

I'll have to double check to see if the site says anything about fillings. Thanks!

Dana said...

Yeah I originally thought I simply had AF. However, when I continued my journey in finding relief it kept leading back to mercury poisoning.

I had 8 amalgams in my mouth, but there were amalgams in my baby teeth too. Even when the amalgams are removed, your brain still holds onto mercury indefinitely (until chelated). Therefore the effects are accumulative and will become worse over time and more mercury exposure. Everyone's bodies will react differently to mercury, so don't think because someone you know is doing "fine" with amalgam means you are too.

Good luck on your search. Let me know what you find out if you remember to check back.