Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh My I Got Sunburned!

Wow...I managed to get one hell of a sunburn yesterday while I was staining the deck. This is the first sunburn I've had in years and I am regretting it. Usually I can tell when my skin has had too much, but yesterday I didn't get that feeling at all. I saw it was a little pink and went in. However, today I look like a lobster. It's like I have a permanent bathing suit on my body. haha!

These next few days are going to be miserable. Ugh...

Nothing I have applied has helped me whatsoever. I stay away from the store bought lotions because they all have diazolidinyl urea, which is a formaldehyde releasing preservative(FSP). Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen according to the International Agency for Cancer Research, so I can't even understand why this stuff is allowed in lotions, cosmetics and hair conditioners (to name a few). I have linked the FSP's with my latest bout of contact dermatitis on my eyelids. Having that on your eyelids is horrific because they become all swollen and your eyes look as if you were in a fistfight. I figured if it affected my eyelids, I should NOT be applying it to a sunburn!

Basically this means I am left with using cucumbers, which are impossible to hold steady on the burn, aloe vera gels that are actually meant for consumption (the FSP isn't in this stuff) and Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender toner.

I've never been so burned in my life.

No comments: