Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ike Got the Best of Us

I live no where near the coast--I'm in Pennsylvania--yet we got slammed by Ike's winds on the 14th. We had no power for 2 days, which means no water since we have well water. We still don't have internet and it's not looking good. Our internet provider doesn't even have power and the power company is throwing their hands up in the air like they forgot how to fix lines or something. The power lines on our road look like someone came along and tied them in a knot. There are multiple lines literally lying on and next to the road. I feel bad for the handful of people still WITHOUT power. They are saying Saturday at the earliest.


For part of the night our road was impassable because this 100+ year old oak came crashing down. It's actually saddening that it fell. Only a small portion of it is still standing. It was a beautiful tree.


My entries will be very spotty until we get our internet back online. Currently, I am using my husband's Verizon USB wireless. He uses it for his business, so I don't like to take it away from him when he's working.

I made it through the first round of mercury detoxing with DMSA and it went well. I had some weird aches and pains, but nothing bothersome. Today is the first of my 4 day break. I will continue on 15mg every 4 hours then.

No comments: