Tuesday, April 7, 2009

ER Blood Work

I finally got the blood work back from the ER visit at the end of December and there are 3 things on there that were interesting.

Here's all of the results. Remember I went in there with chest pains, so they did all the cardiac and blood clot tests. I know nothing about those to be honest.

December 29, 2008
PT TEST 10.7--(9-12)
INR 1.1--(0.9-1.2)
PTT TEST 28.7--(20-35 seconds)
D-Dimer 0.51--(0.54-2.09) LOW But it states this underneath-
"To maximize the negative predictive value for the purpose of ruling out DVT or PE, a cutoff value of less than 1.0 is used.

A D-Dimer of less than 1.0 and otherwise normal patient history equals a low probability of DVT or PE. At levels below 1.0 the negative predictive value for DVT and PE approaches 100%.

Conversely, a value of 1.0 or greater cannot be used for the diagnosis of DVT or PE without the use of radiological procedures. IF a D-Dimer is great than 1.0, the investigation should be continued as clinically indicated."

Troponin I 0.00--(0-0.3)

Glucose 99--(70-99) Very high?
Bun 8--(7-22)
Creatinine 0.9--(0.5-1.3)
Bun/Creat 8.9--(8-27)
Sodium 142--(136-147)
Potassium 3.5--(3.6-5.3) LOW...
Chloride 107--(98-110)
CO2 Content 24--(22-34)
Anion Gap 11--(2-12)
Calc Osmol 281--(269-297)
Calcium 9.8--(8.7-10.7)
T Bili 0.5--(0.1-1.2)
ALK Phos 65--(30-128)
SGPT (ALT) 58--(5-47) HIGH again?
SGOT (AST) 36--(5-40) High normal
Total Protein 8.0--(6-8.4)
Albumin 4.7--(3.3-5.1)
Globulin 3.3--(1.8-4.2)
A/G Ratio 1.4--(1.0-2.5)

WBC 5.5--(3.8-10) Best I've ever seen my counts
RBC 4.95--(3.88-5.11)
HGB 14.1--(11.5-15.7)
HCT 40.8--(36.3-47%)
MCV 82.4--(84-101.1) LOW again
MCH 28.5--(27-34)
MCHC 34.6--(30.5-35)
RDW 12.5--(11-15.5)
PLT 256--(130-400)
MPV 10.4--(8-11.1)
Neutrophil# 2.83--(1.6-6.7)
Lymphocyte# 2.1--(0.9-3.1)
Monocyte# 0.34--(0.11-1.0)
Eosinophil# 0.2--(0.0-0.5)
Basophil# 0.0--(0.0-0.2)
Neutrophil% 51.7--(43.6-74.5)
Lymphocyte% 37.6--(15.5-44.5)
Monocyte% 6.2--(3.6-12)
Eosinophil% 3.8--(0-6) First time I've seen this normal in 2-3 years.
Basophil% 0.7--(0-2)

Chest X Ray at ER
CLINICAL DATA: Chest Pain
TWO-VIEW CHEST

History: A 24-year-old female with chest pain.

Comparison Studies: None

Findings: The lungs are free of consolidation, congestion, or effusions. The cardiac silhouette is not enlarged. There are no hilar or mediastinal abnormalities.

IMPRESSION No acute pulmonary disease.


The elevated ALT is interesting. That means my ALT was elevated for the entire month of December. It hasn't been checked since then, so I don't know if it's still elevated. I will definitely be bringing this up to Dr. L. My research into ALT tells me that unlike some of the other liver indicators which might be a metabolic problem somewhere else down the line, ALT specifically means damage or inflammation in the liver. The cells die and then leak into the bloodstream. Obviously there is some cell death in everyone, since the range is 5-47. Now it doesn't mean its serious, but the fact that I don't drink alcohol, take OTC pain pills or prescription drugs tells me it needs investigated further. Now if it's not elevated anymore, then I'll just assume it was from the DMSA and move on. But if it's still elevated now, then I might refer myself to another doc. I just like to make sure everything is clear here. I'm 24 years old and certainly want to keep my liver healthy as long as possible! I've seen a few medical websites that say celiac can cause high ALT.

The low potassium doesn't surprise me. Well actually it does a little because I was actively trying to raise it then. And low potassium can cause chest pains, so I might have gone to the ER because of low K! haha That makes me laugh a little inside.

The high glucose worries me. My last fasting blood draw in March was creeping up into the 90's and I certainly don't need diabetes to worry about on top of everything else.

In other news, the itching has been back. Not as severe as it used to be, but I am worried it will continue to get worse. It's the same spots as before...

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I haven't read all of your blog, but just the last three or four posts. Itching, hives, swollen lymph nodes, adrenal problems, and many of your other symptoms sound like allergies to me, specifically food allergies. I see that you are undergoing chelation, so I assume that means you have had metal poisoning, which often causes food allergies. Have you looked into food allergies or possibly drug allergies causing your itching?

I have some of your same strange symptoms, and I am researching chelation because I have begun to seriously suspect metal poisoning. I know that I have lots of food and environmental allergies to just about everything.

Dana said...

When my husband finds out whether or not he has celiac, I think I'll be getting an allergy test done too. They aren't cheap!

I think wheat bothers me, but it's hard to say with so many other things wrong. One day I feel bloated and ate no wheat, then next day I eat wheat and I feel fine. There is no real pattern to this madness for me.

I know that I am lactose intolerant, which surprisingly has been better in recent years.

I am not actively chelating at the moment. Every once in a while I'll do a round, but my adrenals are too weak to handle it. It's doing more harm than good for me at this point.

The itching has been bad again and I still don't know why. I hope it's just an allergy. That's an easy thing to fix. :-)

Ellen said...

If you are getting tested and you have an AAT (Advanced Allergy Therapeutics) Center, http://www.allergytx.com/locations_us.html, anywhere near you, I would suggest going there to be tested. AAT, an alternative form of allergy treatment, will test you for just about everything in the initial consultation, and it costs between $100 and $200, which is quite a bit less than you would pay normally, I think. More importantly, though, is that AAT can actually cure your allergies, almost instantly, in follow-up consultations, should you choose to do that.

I learned about AAT through my corn forum, http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?qu=aat&find=Search&webtag=avoidingcorn&ctx=search&cl=221376&af=31&o=relevance&be=0. That thread is really long, but it gives me so much hope! I have yet to try AAT, but I plan to once I am my heavy metal test results come back - unless they are positive, in which case I will try chelation first and then AAT.

I should also mention that almost all traditional doctors only test for IgE reactions when they test for allergies. They actually don't even consider non-IgE reactions to be allergies. So, if your reactions are not IgE, then these results wouldn't show up under these tests.

Dana said...

Unfortunately (yet not surprisingly) there aren't any in my area.

The testing I was going to do is self-ordered from this website. I have no doubt that I'll get a reaction to some of the foods (it tests 96).

http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/allerfood_food_allergy_test.html

Ellen said...

The IgG Elisa test is a pretty good one, I hear. IgG is what I would recommend for you since it seems your reactions may be building up and taking a while to react. Like any allergy test, the results won't be completely accurate, but I think you are just as well off with this particular test as with any. Good luck.