Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sweet Tasting Water and Still Recuperating

I am still trying to recuperate from yesterday. This morning I had some self-ordered labs drawn and I think I picked an excellent day to have them done. I am quite curious to see what the results are of my electrolytes.

About 20 minutes ago I began to feel really sick again. Like someone is pressing on my throat. I immediately took 5mg of HC, but think I should probably take some more. This was one of my first symptoms yesterday. It's almost difficult to swallow. It's a sensation that I cannot explain properly.

Water has been sweet tasting all day long. It is driving me completely insane because it takes terrible. Take a glass of water and put in 2 large spoonfuls of stevia. That's exactly what plain water tastes to me at the moment. My doctor doesn't know what causes this, but it must have something to do with dehydration, electrolyte imbalance or low aldosterone.

Let's hope I can get through this. If not I will be heading to the ER. I just hope to God they know what to do if it gets bad again. I'm worried that they won't take me seriously.

No comments: