Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Got My Thyroid Labs Back

Today I got the labs back from the doctor I saw in Michigan. I have no idea what in the hell is going on with my body.

TSH 0.25 (0.40-4.50)
FT4 0.8 (0.8-1.8)
FT3 752 (230-420) Oh my goodness!
Reverse T3 19 (11-32)

Iron 65 (45-175)
Ferritin 50 (10-291)
Glucose 88 (65-99)
Insulin 14 (<17)
Potassium 4.1 (3.5-5.3) That potassium is finally coming up!

I told the doc to throw in a lipid panel because I've NEVER had one done before.
Total Cholesterol 190 (125-200)
HDL 90 (>= 46)
Triglycerides 44 (<150)
LDL-Cholesterol 91 (<130)
Chol/HDLC ratio 2.1 (<=5.0)

I had EBV at 17, but this doctor wanted to check the antibodies again.

Epstein Barr Virus Early Antigen D AB (IGG) <=0.90 (Negative)
Epstein Barr Virus VCA Antibody (IGM) <=0.90 (Negative)
Epstein Barr Virus VCA Antibody (IGG) 4.53 HIGH
Epstein Barr Virus (EBNA) Antibody (IGG) >5.00 HIGH

Interpretation: Suggestive of past EBV infection.

So...I don't know what is going on with my body. I think it's just really ticked off! On this trip I remember feeling SO tired and didn't feel hyper at all. Apparently though with this lab, I don't know when I'm hyper or hypo. That's been made pretty clear to me now.

I also got my food allergy test back....HAHA Sadly I doubt I'll be cutting back on these foods. Some of the foods that showed are absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea what I'd even eat. Here's what came back with a response.

Blueberry (low)
Broccoli (low)
Cottage Cheese (low)
Corn (low)
Egg Whites (Medium)
Egg Yolks (Very high)
Garlic (low)
Gluten (Medium)
Lemon (low)
Lettuce!! (low)
Malt (low)
Cow's Milk (Very high)
Black Pepper!! (low)
Sweet Potato (low)
White Potato (low)
Soybean (low)
Strawberry!! (Medium)
Tomato!! (Medium)
Wheat (High)
Baker's Yeast! (low)
Yogurt (Medium

I went through every single food we eat in this house and I'm getting at least 1 of these allergens at EVERY meal. I use black pepper, tomatoes, garlic and eat salads a lot. If I can't eat salad then what the heck am I supposed to do? Even some of the gluten free alternatives would be an issue because of corn. These results really just pissed me off more than anything.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Jeez. How frustrated you must feel. I check in on your blog from time to time to see if anything is coming to light with this mystery. Sometimes it feels like "modern medicine" is a total misnomer. Ugh. I've finally been told I have hypothyroidism this week. I knew there was something else wrong with me...Anyway good luck Birdlady. :)

Mary

Dana said...

Good luck Mary. I hope you can handle the thyroid meds. My body can't do it at all.

Amagi said...

Birdlady,

Sorry things are bad right now.

Have you tired Betaine Hydrochloric Acid to raise ferritin levels? Mercury poisioning can cause low levels of stomach acid which in turn cause low ferritin levels. You need to have a test to rule out that you do not have the bacteria that causes ulcers before supplementing w/ it. Usually you start at a low dose & work your way up. Low stomach acid causes malabsorption issues so, just supplementing w/ iron & vitmains is like having a really expensive sewer system when you don't correct the malabsorption issue.

Are you doing any chelation at all?

Have you thought about trying Low Dose Naltrexone to help treat hypothyroidism & the EBV virus? Good info on the yahoo LDN groups about this & at lowdosenaltrexone.org

I take the DDVAPS for DI but I also notice that sulfur foods make my DI symptoms worse esp garlic & eggs. Remember that a lot of foods are like kerosine to a mercury poisoned person. I know it sucks. I'm struggling a lot w/ diet. It just seems that so many things make me sick & it is constantly changing.

Unknown said...

There is an allergy reversal 'series of shots' that could do- I was allergic to 99 items tested- I never had reactions that I recognized but apparently it's keeping my body in a state of constant inflammation-as told thr' SIgA test.
I've seen improvements so I'm hoping it has worked w/ one round of 10 shots-can't afford to retest the allergies but will monitor the SIgA levels.