Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Eyes and Current Condition

I really need to keep up with my blog. I am sorry to all of you who are watching this.

Okay first off my eyes are bad again. I read through the last few months and I don't think I ever really updated what happened with my eyes. The Posterior Vitreous in my left eye did finally detach itself from the retina and the right eye is "impending detachment". Now this is not as serious as a retinal detachment as it requires no surgery, but once this happens you are at VERY high risk for retinal detachment. If I hit my head really hard or lifted something very heavy, I might cause it to tear or completely detach!

I've been getting serious pain in my left eye and there are more floaters. I just had my 6th month(?) check up about 2 1/2 weeks ago and he said everything was good. Well 2 1/2 weeks ago I wasn't having these symptoms and some of the floaters at night are glowing! Yes glowing! I'm going to play it by ear or until the pain gets so bad that I just can't take it anymore. All I know is that when I look at people's faces, there is a scary looking floater that wasn't there before. I'd try to draw a picture of it, but I don't even know how to begin. The floaters have been REALLY noticable. For a while there I actually forgot about them, but they are more web-like and much darker.

Just for records sake, here are my current meds:
25mg HC
1 grain of Armour
0 Florinef
2 Bio-identical Aldosterone caps
6.25 mg of DHEA
20-40 MEQ of RX Potassium
1-2 sprays of DDAVP
Midodrine (oh my goodness)

I am so glad it is getting colder outside! YES. I can actually live for now. Today for some unknown reason was pretty bad BP/heart day which is why I took the midodrine. Sadly it didn't do anything. My BP sitting was 88/75 and my heart rate was 150...LOL I am glad that I can laugh at it now because earlier I was pretty ticked off.

My husband's health has been so poor that I haven't really been taking care of myself. lol It's funny how that happens. In some ways, he is much worse than me. It's hard having 2 sick people in the house now and I find myself "annoyed" because we both can't get stuff done around the house. There are so many things that need done right now, it's not even funny. We need to get the garaged cleared out so we can park the car in there for the winter. Just thinking about all the lifting, bending up and down makes me want to cry. I'm going to be so ill.

About a month ago we drove out to Michigan to see a new doctor for my husband. I also saw another doctor to get a 2nd opinion on everything. At this point nothing has been done because we were waiting on new blood work and a food allergy test. I have a VOV (virtual office visit) with her on October 14th. I'll get to tell her all about that lovely Tilt-table test...haha We still might have to go back out to see the OTHER doctor. /sigh

Since it's getting colder outside, I've been feeling much better. I still have bad days (like today). I might try to do a round of chelation just to see what happens to me. Since I'm on HC, I bet they go much smoother.

In addition to all this, I am trying to have more of social life. I have been catching up with some of my old friends. I realize that through all this health nightmare, I've neglected to let myself have a good time. I've been fighting to stay alive for nearly 4 years. Now that I feel a little better, I need to take advantage of this time.

No comments: