Monday, May 3, 2010

Main Problems/Symptoms

I've decided to make a post that discusses what my continuing health problems are even though I've been on HC for nearly a year now! I'm also going to touch upon what has gotten better. Sometimes it's really easy to focus on the bad and I'm trying to get away from that negativity.

Symptoms that still linger:
  • Lowish BP, without lightheadedness
  • Anxiety
  • Fluid Retention
  • Rapid heart rate upon standing
  • Heat intolerance
  • Panic attacks set off by minor stressors
  • Shortness of breath
What's better:
  • Panic attacks are actually less frequent
  • Fatigue improved significantly
  • Able to get out of bed in the morning now!
  • Not sleeping 16 hours a day
  • Can partake in some activities (as long as my heart is stable)
  • Frequent urination and thirst decreased significantly
  • Sex drive is back! Woohoo!! ;-)
Most of my lingering symptoms, I would attribute to POTS. In my case, treating adrenal insufficiency DID NOT cure orthostatic issues. Because of that, I have to assume that not everyone WITH low BP and tachycardia upon standing even HAVE adrenal issues. Something else is going on that hasn't been uncovered.

No comments: