Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feeling Rundown

Today I was feeling quite run down after coming off of chelation. I was depressed and just could not get moving at all. Blah. Hopefully tomorrow is a little better.

It did not help we got about 9 inches of snow yesterday and the driveway needed cleared out so we could run some errands. As soon as I started shoveling, I knew it was a bad idea. I did as much as I could and then thankfully my husband finished as I cleared off our car.

I do much better in the winter but I HATE shoveling snow. It is a POTS patient's nightmare. You are obviously upright, but you are also using your arms and constantly digging into the snow (bending down some) and then standing fully upright to dump the snow. With all of the position changes, the BP tends to fluctuate a lot. I recorded one of my highest HR's ever while shoveling at 186.

For me it is absolutely imperative that I keep cool and start taking off my hat and jacket if I begin to feel warm. If I start to sweat, then it is all over for me and my HR is probably already in the 150's. Shivering is better for me! It's not uncommon for me to wear a tank top under my wool coat in the winter...

No comments: