Friday, February 11, 2011

The Rashes Have Begun

When I chelated the first time around around late 2008, I started to get these horrific rashes that just made me want to jump out of my own skin. At the time, I wasn't sure what was going on and thought maybe it was a food allergy or something. Well I can now say without a doubt that it is either the actual chelation itself, the metals coming out of the body or DMSA. Maybe even all of the above! They show up even on days where I'm NOT chelating, so I'm not 100% sure what's up.

When I had these rashes the first time around, my eosinophils were through the roof. I suspect they are this time too. Like the last time, I have Dermatographic urticaria. If I scratch an area then 10 more hives pop up and it's a never ending vicious cycle. The itching is so bad that it makes me twitch at times...

So what to do?

I really do not know what to do. I cannot live on benedryl or zyrtec every day of my life. Benedryl isn't even an option unless I'm about to go to sleep. It makes me soo sleepy. If I can find the camera, I'm going to include some pictures of the rash and edit my post to include them.

Today I feel very tired too. I woke up and just felt exhausted which is not normal for me at all! My face even feels puffy too. I'm trying to work but it's pretty tough. I am not on round either. I think I stopped 2-3 days ago because the headaches were getting out of hand.

I really wish I could try DMPS and give up on DMSA. Makes me wonder if it's doing more harm than good.

No comments: