Thursday, May 28, 2009

Second Opinion on my eye problems

Today I got my second opinion on my eye and it looks like the retina is thinning. There is a risk for a detached or tore vitreous and retina, so I have to go back in a week to see if it is progressing.

This is certainly not something I was looking to deal with, but that's life right?!

There is no correlation between my meds, pituitary tumors or my medical conditions that would be causing this. It is likely because I am very nearsighted which drastically increases your risk for it. My dad also had a torn retina about 10 years ago, so that puts me at higher risk too. Needless to say I am really scared. At least this new doctor is concerned about it and wants to keep checking it on a weekly basis for at least a few weeks to see what happens. Obviously if the flashes get worse or if more floaters show up, then I have to call him immediately!

I'll keep everyone posted on how this turns out.

Ninja edit
---I found a picture of what I have here...If you scroll all the way down to where it says
"3.) White Without Pressure" You can see what my retina looks like atm.

No comments: