Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waiting on New Blood Results and More

It's been a while since my last post. I've been busy with some work related things.

I had some new blood work drawn on Monday, so I am waiting to hear back on those results. TSH, FT3,FT4, DHEA-S and my electrolytes were checked. I'm very curious to see what my thyroid is doing. I've been having that weird feeling in my throat again.

I managed to burn the sh*t out of my right arm on the oven. What I did was really stupid. I reached in without pulling the grill out and I bumped the top of my forearm on the metal tray on top. My skin made that scary *tsss* noise and I immediately freaked out. I had to stress dose after that little event! lol Now I'm trying to get this wound to heal, but it's going to take a long time. Probably a few weeks and up to a few months until it's back to normal. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow--(it's too late right now).

The HC and florinef have been going really well. I went back down to 27.5mg of HC and 3/4 tab or florinef daily which is my sweet spot at the moment. The weather has been pretty hot and humid and I can say without a doubt that these meds are helping me. My heart rate isn't going into the 150's simply from standing up. My blood pressure isn't dropping into the 70's/50's simply from standing up. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to go outside and play with my dog and weed the flower garden without literally almost dying from it.

The one complaint I do have is the fluid retention in my feet at night. I need to talk to the doctor about this because it's pretty bad some days. My feet and hands are swelling REALLY bad, but I don't think I can back off either the HC or florinef. If anything, I think I need to raise the florinef another 1/4 tab, but I'm waiting to see what the electrolytes say!

That's all for now.

No comments: