Thursday, October 2, 2008

Round 3, Day 1 Mercury Detox

Well I am on my last round for my trial of DMSA. The doctor only gave me 84 pills and I noticed the pill bottle is getting low.

I am not sure what I'm going to do. I know I will be continuing with the DMSA, but perhaps I should have the dose increased slightly? Or maybe I should just keep going with what I have been?

These are some things I will need to decide upon this week. The insurance company may or may not be covering the DMSA, which was supposed to be covered. Let's just hope it all works out because it is NOT CHEAP. I'd still rather support a local apothecary than some big company that makes preformulated DMSA. This guy was kind enough to create these personally for me.

Aside from the annoying technicalities of detoxing, the incredible thing is that my hair is growing back! YES I KNEW IT! I knew it would even when the dermatologist said it was not possible for mercury poisoning to cause Alopecia Areata. She was full of ...crap and I am glad that I can say that. It's not really worth my money, but I'd love to go back and see her when my hair is completely filled in.

Mentally I've been a disaster, but it's not from the detox. I've been working on a large project that needs to be completed under a strict deadline that is out of my control. The amount of stress I am feeling at the moment is really not healthy, but I have to keep going.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I just feel blah right now.

No comments: