Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Preparing For Labs/Saliva Test

Well here we are at day 21 of my cycle. I have finally recovered from the flu too.

I started fasting at 8PM tonight for the blood work tomorrow! Tomorrow is a big day for blood work. I am having the following drawn as close to 8AM as possible.

DHEA-Sulfate
Free & Total Testosterone
Progesterone
Estradiol
LH
FSH
Prolactin
IGF-1
GH

I've never had a lot of these things tested, so I'm very curious.

Before I go, I need to fill the first vial with saliva for the cortisol test. This is a lot harder than it sounds. I'll have to dig in the refrigerator for something I can sniff to produce saliva. Another way to make saliva is just to try yawning over and over again. It's funny how many times you'll actually yawn and produce a TON of saliva.

I took another week off of violin/voice because of the saliva test. The one for 3-4PM would have been a problem since it is during my lessons and the drive back home. I wasn't about to collect saliva in their bathroom...

I am unable to eat chocolate, onions, garlic, cabbage, and cauliflower/broccoli and unable to drink coffee, tea, and other caffeinated drinks tomorrow. I'll have to constantly remind myself of this tomorrow.

These were the results of my first saliva test I had done through this company during the summer of '07.
07:00 - 08:00AM 6 Depressed (13-24 nM)
11:00 - Noon 5 Normal (5-10 nM)
04:00 - 05:00PM 2 Depressed (3-8 nM)
11:00 - Midnight 2 Normal (1-4 nM)

Cortisol Burden: 15 (23 - 42)

DHEA Dehydroepiandrosterone 4 Normal Adults (M/F):3-10 ng/ml

It's was pretty terrible...We'll see how things look now.

No comments: