Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beta-Blocker Is Still Working

It's been a few weeks and I am still feeling very well on the beta-blocker. I take the generic form of Toprol XL called Metoprolol ER. It's a very small dose at 25mg. Going on them has been incredible for me and I will continue to take them as needed. The past week, I decided to start taking them every day as soon as I wake up and I haven't noticed any ill effects. Some days they do seem to make me feel a little tired, but it's not that bad. Certainly no where near the fatigue I felt prior to going on HC! haha

This week I need to clear the area out around my recumbent bike and I'm going to start working out again in small increments. I'm not really looking to lose weight or anything. I just want to get off of my butt and feel normal. I'll start out with 3 minutes (no joke) and then work up to 1o minutes. I won't go much more than that because I don't think I'm in good enough shape to be biking for 30 minutes or more. My adrenals are doing okay with the HC, but I don't want to push it since I'm not on florinef at the moment. I know I need it, but I can't start it yet.

1 comment:

The Blog Person said...

Hi Birdlady
I know what you mean about feeling like you want to get off your butt!!

pls be careful with the exercise as you could get worse! See my post on exercise on my blog potsrecovery.com for some advice on what can work. A heart rate monitor could be VERY important for you in exercising!!

I am doing Dr. Levine's exercise protocol for POTS and OI. I am in my second month and I am learning a lot about what works and what doesn't.