Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beginning Water Deprivation at 10:30PM...Gulp

I am starting my 12 hour water deprivation, so I can get my lab work done tomorrow. I am doing this again, so that I can see exactly what my body is doing now that I am on Florinef. I haven't taken my DDAVP for about 3 months! This water deprivation is going to be hell. Let me tell you. I thought tonight would be a good night to do this because it was fairly warm today (80 degrees) and I was sweating, peeing and drinking a lot. If my body can't conserve water in 80 degree weather then something is very wrong.

I'm already nervous about it because I am very very thirsty and have been all day long. I haven't kept up with my thirst as much as I should have, but that's what happens when you are working around the house.

If I start to feel really sick I will just quit. It isn't worth risking my life for some stupid numbers on a lab. However I will try my hardest to get through the night. I probably won't be sleeping much and when I usually can't sleep it's from the extreme thirst. I won't be able to reach for that water next to the bed to calm my body down...

Wish me luck because I'm going to need it tonight.

No comments: