Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Stuff


Here's a picture of the cheesecake I made for me hubby's birthday a few weeks ago. It was to die for and I'll have to make another one some day. This was the first cheesecake I've ever made and was extremely pleased with how it turned out. The chocolaty center and topping was something I decided to do halfway through the recipe and I think it really added to the overall flavor and presentation! I mixed some strongly brewed coffee in it to give it a little kick.

It was a pricey cheesecake! That's for sure. LOL I think ingredients alone it must have cost me about $30 for all the cream cheese, eggs, graham crackers etc. Of course it was all organic, so that adds to the costs.


Here's a picture of what I have been working on outside. Unfortunately the one flower is in between a blooming, but you get the idea! I completely cleared out the area because it was full of weeds and really tall grass. Thankfully there is no poison ivy around this tree.


These are my neighbors blackberries, but they hang over into our yard. I don't think they are missing them. =p They taste absolutely delicious, but they will be all gone from the birds very soon! The robins have been picking at them quite a bit.

The other tree has so much poison ivy around it, that it actually LOOKS like it is PART of the tree! This is the type of poison ivy that gets people because it has woody vines and hangs down like the other tree's leaves. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed a huge increase in poison ivy or not. However it just seems like I am finding new sprigs of it EVERYWHERE!


I've never had poison ivy before, but I'm not about to go walking around that tree!

No comments: