Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Night Sweats Are Back

Unfortunately the night sweats are back. I've had them on and off for about a week now. Last night's was really really bad. My entire back was soaked through the sheet and I had to wash it as soon as I woke up this morning. It was disgusting. When this happens, my fingers are swollen too. I notice how stiff my fingers feel and it hurts to move them.

I still don't know what is causing them, but it really bothers me and interferes with my sleep.

While I was writing this, I just remembered I made an appointment with another PCP (DO) about 2 1/2 months ago. I think the appointment is in a few days...I need to find out! Maybe I'll just go to complain. I wasn't that happy with the other PCP, who didn't even know what diabetes insipidus was. DO's are usually better than that too. How pathetic. I suppose she had her role in things. She's the one that uncovered possible secondary hypothyroidism.

I've just been waiting around for doctor's appointment. I see a gynecologist on February 4th because my last pap smear from 4 years ago was abnormal and I've never had another check up. Yeah I know that is really stupid. And my menstrual cycles are becoming irregular. They used to be like clockwork, every 28 days. Now they are pushing 31 days. I'm not sure if that small amount is significant, but I'm certainly going to mention it to her. Since it is late again this month, I may not even be able to go to the appointment. /sigh

Then the endo's appointment is March 31. I have quite a long time before that one, but I have a lot to prepare for it. All blood work results, office notes have to be sent to this endo at least a week before my appointment. I'll probably need to get the MRI report too (which I can't find for the life of me). All of this will involve having to deal with doctor offices and labs.

Oh joy...

No comments: