Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blood Work Before Seeing the Endo

I jumped on a hypopituitary forum and asked what type of blood tests I should have done BEFORE seeing an endo.

Here is what I was told to get:

Cortisol, AM
ACTH, AM
Aldosterone
Renin
Sodium
Potassium
LH (Luteinizing Hormone)
FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone)
Prolactin
IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor)
GH (Growth Hormone)
DHEA-S
Saliva Cortisol Test (Redo)

These tests will tell me whether or not my adrenal fatigue is caused by a pituitary problem. It will also tell me whether or not I have a deficiency in the other pituitary hormones. This way I can walk into that endo's office with a good understanding of what is and what is not occurring. He can't give me the run around.

I've got a headache for some reason. Going to lie down for a bit.

No comments: