Monday, November 24, 2008

Round 8, Day 4 Mercury Detox

The good news is I haven't had much to blog about recently. Round 7 went great. Now I am on Round 8 and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I am still on 25mg of DMSA every 3 hours, which has kept my mercury redistribution symptoms down to a minimum.

The one thing that I STILL cannot figure out is why I am so darn itchy. Typically it starts later in the day and it is an itch all over my body. Sometimes there is a reddish rash, but other times there is nothing at all. I've seen it can be your kidney, liver, or even specific type of cancers. I just hope it's the mercury coming out of my body! It is a symptom of mercury toxicity. As I write this I am developing a rash on my chest and a sunburn like rash on my back. They are both extremely itchy and usually only show up at the end of the day...Yesterday the rash was near my belly button. The other day on the back of my thigh near my butt. I might have to take some benedryl tonight and sleep on the couch.

I'll probably call the doctor tomorrow to get some blood work and possible urine tests for my liver, kidney and a CBC. Just to make sure everything is okay. DMSA can cause neutropenia in very rare cases that goes away when it is discontinued. I don't have any of the symptoms, but I don't want to take any chances right now.

My muscles have still be a little twitchy and jerky, but not as bad as it had been a few weeks ago. Thank goodness!

One last thing I wanted to touch upon are cysts. I know this is a very very interesting topic..lol, but I seem to have a cyst problem. A few years ago when things finally fell apart for me, I went to the ER. I had this hard lump on my collar bone next to the sternum and it was sort of concerning me. I asked the ER doctor what he thought it might be and he gave me this long explanation on how people who use heroine tend to get gauze or lint stuck in their joints from filtering it in cloth or cheesecloth. (I have no idea how to even make heroine nor do I care)

Basically he was telling me that I was a heroine addict and those pieces of fiber collected in my joint. That guy was an asshole and made me cry in the exam room. Looking back I think I had severe dehydration, so I was a little out of my mind. I lost like 10 pounds in 4 days, but he didn't care... Fast forward a few years and now I have a similar extremely hard lump on the back collar bone. Here's a picture of a skeleton, so I can show you what I mean. I edited this up in SnagIt, so you can see what I am talking about. I realized that I pointed to the wrong side of my collar bone. Oh well, you get the point though.


Now the one on my front collar bone can be pushed back into the joint area, but it is getting harder to do this. The one on my shoulder blade won't move at all. It feels like it is part of the bone and I am a little concerned about it. It does hurt sometimes which is a bad sign, but with what mercury can do to a body, I am just wondering if it is mercury related.

Google didn't really bring up much information on hard lumps on the shoulder blade, so I have to wonder if it is rare. The lump on my shoulder blade is relatively new. I think it developed within the past year or so. The one on my collar bone developed 2-3 years ago without any noticeable difference in its size. I think the one on my shoulder blade got bigger. It just seems like no doctor wants to even look at it. I was denied an MRI at the ER, so I guess I'll have to beg for a chest x-ray at this point. Since my sister had a brain tumor, I do get concerned about this stuff. Obviously my family has some pretty shitty genes.

1 comment:

Dana Herbert said...

I had a hard bone cyst like that on my forehead when I was 13 years old.

It would pop in and out of my skull.

It was very scary.

In addition to your heavy metal detox, I would focus on improving your bone health . . . . increase vitamin D levels from the sun (you can't overdose on vitamin D from the sun) . . . . calcium/magnesium . . . . exercise and weight training (great for the bones) . . . . Budwig Diet . . . . try to avoid exposure to solvents (hard for me as a faux painter, but I have switched over to water based paints) . . . . and alkaline diet is very important.