Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Alcohol Experiment

The 1 beer kicked my ass. Wow I forgot what it was like to drink. It's just been so long that my body wasn't prepared at all.

About half way through, I was very buzzed. It made me sooo tired and a little itchy. Not too bad though. I practically collapsed...with the oven on! Thank goodness my husband was paying attention. I may have burned the house down last night!

Everything went well except for one weird thing that happened. The insides of my ears and the back of my throat was very itchy. I was actually using a pair of tweezers! to scratch my ear...I know not the safest or smartest thing I have ever done. But it was SOOO itchy. I was trying to scratch the back of my throat with a q-tip...Today they aren't itchy, so that is good. I couldn't figure out what would have caused that one though.

I came across this little video series while searching google for itchy ears after alcohol consumption. Thought it was interesting nonetheless.
http://www.videojug.com/interview/lymphoma-diagnosis-2#what-are-the-symptoms-of-lymphoma

My kidneys/lower back were hurting really bad this morning. This happens on mornings I don't drink, so it probably isn't related, but certainly worth mentioning.

Even though things went OK, I don't think I'll be drinking any time soon. Unless it is to do another experiment. I just don't like it at all.

No comments: