Saturday, December 13, 2008

Didn't Feel Very Good Today

Today I had more of the nausea from last week. I did get some food in me though, so that is good. At one point I thought I was going to vomit, so I laid down in bed. Started to get really cold and took my temperature. 97.5 degrees F. Wow that hyperthyroid is really making me get a fever! (sarcasm)

While laying in bed I started to get itchy. Oh noes and nearly scratched through the skin on the back of my upper leg. Scratching the itch is somehow pleasurable. Like eating a cone of your favorite ice cream flavor or seeing a friend from school. I know it sounds really strange, but I get this. It actually FEELS GOOD.

Once it started to get itchy, I shake and do my usual grunting and grrr noises. I did take a picture of this one, but I'll spare all of you. It wasn't very pleasant looking after digging at it for a while. I can't figure out how a thyroid would make me itchy all over like this. What am I supposed to do about it? I can't take Zyrtec for the rest of my life without ever knowing what is causing the itching. It is one thing to take a medication after you know what is causing it to give you temporary relief until a permanent solution is in place. However this process really shouldn't last more than a few weeks/months in my opinion.

Monday I'm just going to call an ENT and schedule an appointment. Seems like I just have to do things myself. With my insurance I don't need referrals so this shouldn't be an issue. Wonder how long the wait is? I'm going to guess 2 1/2 months and we'll see how close I am on Monday. =)

No comments: