Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcoming 2009 (With Chest Pains)

Quite honestly I am glad to see 2008 go by. Aside from removing my amalgam fillings and growing some of my hair back, it was pretty awful. Ron Paul failed miserably at his attempt at the presidency, which is enough to make me puke. I still have no idea what is wrong with me (if it isn't just mercury related) and I feel like with every test completed I leave with more questions with no answers.

My PCP today told me she has no idea what is wrong with me and referred me to an endo. I was trying to explain to her that it is probably my pituitary. She asked me why I thought that it was my pituitary. At that moment I realized she has no idea what diabetes insipidus is. I was polite, but just told her that I have DI. She also bad mouthed Dr. Goldstein and told me that he isn't qualified to do what he is doing. She said something like, well he isn't an actual endo. I responded, yes I told you that. He specializes in adrenal and thyroid stuff though. Then she said, well he does natural medicine and isn't qualified. When she said that, I think my eyes got big and if I hadn't been waiting in the freaking exam room for an hour prior, I might have been more confrontational. I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Before she saw my lab results, she was saying how "something is seriously wrong with your thyroid and we need to figure this out". Then when she read the thyroid ultrasound was normal and the blood work (other than TSH) was normal she had nothing to say other than to see this endo. This endo has horrific reviews on those medical sites, so I'm not calling her. I bumped up my appointment with Dr. Goldstein to Jan. 5. That is this Monday!

The chest pain is pretty bad tonight. I'd say on par with the night I decided to go to the ER, but I don't dare take the pain meds they gave me. I have no idea why on Earth they'd give me Darvocet N-100's but they did. The pain went away with a simple aspirin. No need to go crazy! I got them filled though for when a tooth decides to ache on a Friday night at 9pm with no dentist available until Monday afternoon. LOL Isn't that how it always happens?!

Here's to another year of poor health and frustration. I can't wait...

No comments: